Formal position title: Snr. Hardware Support Engineer (IT/Networking)
Who we are: Intron provides clinical speech recognition for 240 accents spoken in developing countries starting with Africa, providing up to 7x documentation speed up, and saving overworked doctors 3hrs per day so they can focus better on patient care. We integrate this speech-to-text technology into our EMR, further cutting over 60% administrative paperwork, improving operational efficiency, and enabling real-time disease surveillance.
Job Overview: Intron Health is seeking to hire Junior and Senior Hardware Support Engineers as well as a Head of IT/Hardware to join our growing team. You will be the backbone of our infrastructure deployment with hospitals, ensuring customers have a smooth experience with minimal downtime. You are responsible for deploying and supporting the Intron hardware stack (workstations, network, cabling, and backup power), providing IT helpdesk and networking assistance, and ensuring excellent service to Intron’s client hospitals. Your knowledge and experience with procuring, installing, and managing networking equipment, cable management, and system reliability also help you monitor and manage renewable energy, power load issues and communicate effectively with our renewable energy experts to diagnose and resolve issues.
Employment type: Full-time. Compensation, Benefits, and Salary range: N2,400,000 to N6,000,000 per annum based on experience, qualifications, and cultural fit. Stock options, and benefits like health/life insurance, gym membership are available for full-time employees. The role will offer flexible work hours, flexible work-from-home days, maternity/paternity leaves, flexible paid time off (PTO), and/or vacation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop deep product expertise, understand Intron’s technology in and out, know how all the pieces fit together, and grow to quickly debug tough cases based on an intuitive understanding of how the Intron hardware system works.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup, Linux Server install, and network configuration, issues with laptops, scanners, multifunction printers, smartphones, tablets, and IT-related hardware/software
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of a problem.
- Track computer system issues through to resolution within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either onsite, via phone, email, or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers), and provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare regular, accurate, and timely reports, monitoring, and report on system health (workstations, network, solar) daily, and ensure all issues are properly logged
- Software duties include installing, upgrading, and maintaining operating systems, antivirus software, account creation, account removal, whitelisting, blacklisting, maintenance, and policies.
- Responsible for hardware inventory and software licensing
- Assist with Systems Administration tasks and projects such as network/data security, backups, patching, network issues, antivirus scan schedules, etc.
- Maintain and update documentation, i.e. procedures, diagrams, inventory, and knowledge articles, and develop automation and tooling as needed.
- Calculate and document equipment power/space requirements and consumption for multiple sites. Work with Vendors, local Engineering, and Facilities Operations, to meet these requirements.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance including repairs, upgrades, and migrations.
- Participate in on-call activities and follow an escalation process to support the infrastructure 24/7.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Show composure, resilience, and flexibility as customer needs evolve and case volume changes.
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
We are looking for people who:
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Network Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role with a strong track record of networking-related problem-solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Experience coordinating and executing hardware procurement, installation, and configuration.
- Hands-on experience with Linux Server and Linux environments (2+ years)
- Experience with Raspberry Pi or other SCBUs is a big plus but not required
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Comfortable traveling to client sites as needed (up to 20% travel)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, or similar technologies is a plus
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a healthcare/hospital environment.
- Experience installing or managing renewable energy systems (inverters, solar panels, batteries) is a big plus
How to apply: Send us your resume. Your resume should be in reverse chronological order showing the most recent experience/projects first. Under each experience, kindly provide 3 to 4 bullet points describing interesting problems you solved, achievements or important lessons learned on the job. The Education/Academic qualification section should follow. The achievements/awards section should follow. Lastly, include any other information you think may be RELEVANT to the role. Please fill out the Intron application form here.
Check out our Intron Careers page for more roles.
Learn more about our mission at Intron.